Friday, August 17, 2007

Who's in Charge?




Jonathan and I had a little talk yesterday about who's in charge. He's been trying out disobedience and wanting to "finish building with my blocks first", etc. So I asked him who was in charge and after saying he was, I explained that Daddy and I were in charge. We talked about Who put us in charge (God did). And that we help him do what's right until he's old enough to be responsible to God himself, etc. He then asked me if God put me and Daddy to bed and if God puts us on the couch (part of our time-out for the kids). :-) I told him that God had other ways of disciplining and training us, but that he did discipline. I don't know how much he understood, but we'll have this conversation several times before he's grown up, I'm sure. I want the kids to know that they are individuals, and we won't always be over their shoulder telling them what to do. And that our mandate of raising them comes from a higher Person than ourselves.

No comments: