Sunday, August 19, 2007

10 Years Ago



Ten years ago this month, I left home for college in Missouri. Phillip and I have known each other for 10 years now. I went to Sonic tonight to reminisce ~ I used to go to Sonic with friends from college. Tonight I got a small cranberry-lime iced tea. Then we used to mainly get cherry-lime slushies (someone else always bought for me and I think if you bought so many, you'd get one free). We would drive around town and talk and listen to music. Jessica would sing songs from Veggie Tales ~ now my kids listen to those same songs and I crack up laughing! Everyone has moved on now ~ some have kids, some have careers. Lots of life lessons have been learned as opposed to college lessons. I really enjoy remembering back, but I'm glad to have my family life to come back to. Tomorrow we start school!

3 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Hi Lanaya! Jessica gave me the url for your blog when you started it and we have enjoyed your posts and seeing your beautiful children. Although I'm sure that Jessica will tell you...I thought that I would beat her to it. She delivered a beautiful baby boy on Thursday afternoon. Aaron Todd weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz and is 20.5" long. He has a head full of black hair and looks like his daddy and siblings. They are all thrilled with him, as are his grandparents. He was born on Kristin's son Eli's fourth birthday. Kristin is expecting in January so our family is growing and growing.
blessings, gay

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I started a blog. I've been thinking about it for some time....although I am NOT a writer in the smallest bit. I put a couple of pictures of Jessica's baby boy on it today.

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Oops! I forgot to leave the address:
http://clayinthehands.blogspot.com/