Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ladie Green Eyes










A nature study entry from Elizabeth. We learned about a flower called "green eyes" from a guide on a trail walk (on which I was bitten by many sand bugs, by the way; and I had to carry Harrison for an hour since the sand didn't allow the stroller to roll. But I won't complain since it's for nature study. :-).

The poem she wrote to go along:

Ladie, ladie, ladie green eyes
With golden red hair
And long green dress.
And I always wonder why
Even with her noble rank
When the wind comes by
She bows like everyone else.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Good job Elizabeth!

Serena said...

What a beautiful poem. I love seeing the different ways that nature inspires us all.

Jenny said...

My oldest loves to write in her nature journal. She's not much of an artist, but loves writing. Thanks for the post.

Kris said...

Wonderful analogies! This is an example of what we do (or try to) for A Private Eye Nature.

Sarah said...

too sweet! I love it! Was worth the hour or hard labor on your part. Good job mom.

Sarah said...

too sweet! I love it! Was worth the hour or hard labor on your part. Good job mom.