Friday, October 12, 2007

Busy Week






Elizabeth vacuums the stairs to earn money sometimes.

  

Phillip has been gone to Missouri to visit family these past four days, so we had planned a lot to keep us busy while he was gone. Tuesday we attempted to walk and ride bikes to Sonic (a little over a mile away). Elizabeth's bike broke down though (chain came off), so I had to carry the bike home while she tried to push Phoebe in the stroller. We then loaded up in the car and drove there. Jonathan spilt his slushie (thankfully we were out of the car) and Phoebe did not want to sit still, but it was fun overall. The kids have been asking to go, so I was glad to oblige this week, but I don't think we'll do it very often. Wednesday we had Bible study in the morning and ate out with some of the ladies afterward at a Mexican restaurant. We had a little nature walk before supper and then went to the church to do prep after supper (I help prepare the materials for 1st-4th grade's Sunday program; usually Phillip has the kids while I do it, but of course, not this night). That night I prepared schooling for next week; typed it up in the portfolio, etc. Thursday we ran a lot of errands and then hurried home to have supper and get myself ready for a ladies dessert at the church that night. It was the first event our ladies ministry put on, and was pretty exciting with a local "celebrity" chef who gave her testimony, some singing, and then lots of talking and eating goodies that the chef and volunteers had prepared. I stayed to help clean up, so it was late when I got home. Then Phillip and I talked for quite a while on the phone. Friday we went to O2B kids (we had free passes) for the morning which is another thing the kids have been asking to do. Mom called in the afternoon and we had a good talk. Went grocery shopping at Wal-mart after that and now I'm waiting for Phillip to get home ~ Yea!!! It's been busy which kept me preoccupied, but I am glad he'll be home soon, and that our weeks aren't normally like this! Maybe it's because I'm a homebody, but a regular supply of home downtime is a must for us!

No comments: