Friday, May 28, 2021

Liz Knits

Elizabeth has been doing some nanny work. The care and instruction of children must have been on her mind when she told me: 

"I understand you now, Mom. Remember when you had us stare at the ground for 10 minutes? I'm gonna have my kids do that."


I need no other words. I can live on that statement for a long time. 

And I totally had my kids stare at the ground for 10 minutes. 


Now that classes are out for the summer, Liz has done lots of painting around Joplin and surrounding area. Her instagram shows little flowers like these popping up around windows and on walls. (Her handle is @lanayaelizabeth if you want to see her photography, art, knitting, baking........)

And she has an Etsy Shop that I want to highlight. She surpassed me in knitting abilities a long time ago. And now she is creating her own knitting patterns and selling them on Etsy. Go check it out!


Castle Webb Hat is a beautifully delicate colorwork hat inspired by a broken blue flower plate.


Graceland Letter Hat is a two colored ribbed brim beanie with a twisted stitch lace pattern inspired by a cup found in an abandoned building.


Sunbowl Shawl is a beautifully textured and cozy shawl with a cable braid down the middle inspired by a broken bowl.


My Dear, Mrs. ____ Shawl is an elegant and airy lace scarf inspired by a broken rose teacup.



I don't know where this building is located, but she painted her own version. 


Art pours out of her.

We are proud of you, Liz! You make the world more beautiful.

 

No comments: