Monday, May 3, 2021

Before I Leave for WA

This is busy times, ya'll.

We are finishing up school. Three weeks left!

It's not that I don't love doing school with my kids. It's just I'm sick of it right now. And I have so much else to do. 
But we will finish. Next week I'll be gone, and they'll school on their own. Then one more week. 



Phoebe and I went to the church's Women's Banquet. 
Mimi is there just beyond Phoebe. It was a fun time with Delicious Pork Loin and Cheesy Potatoes cooked by some of the guys. (I don't know many names yet.) But I did sit next to Mindy and we had a good time talking. 


Be still my heart. We get to see tractors running up and down the fields past our very windows! Harrison and I went to the edge of a field to see if anything was growing, and sure enough, there are beans sprouting in a nice straight row!


Phillip and I have been re-screening and washing windows. He helped me take them down and put them back. I got to use the nifty spline tool. If you look too closely at the screens, you will see a wrinkle or two. But there are no holes in the screens now, so we can open the windows for fresh air.


Jon at his job at County Market. Good work, son!


And Phillip and I made a trip to Joplin to see Liz and take her a mattress. She'll be done with freshman year of college in a couple weeks and plans to stay in Joplin for the summer. She has a good job and really enjoys the area. It was nice for us to get away and have to take it easy since we weren't at home to work on stuff. 



Liz' unfinished art project. 
She finished it while we were there, but I did't get a pic of the finished piece. 


And Tree and Jeff go to Liz' church in Oronogo (Tree is their new Women's Discipleship Minister). So we ran into them Sunday morning and had a great time talking in the coffee shop area. 

I had vague memories of all of us being at the same wedding, but I could not remember whose. Turns out Phillip and I were at their wedding (we drove together with other friends, but weren't "together"). And they were at ours! We had a small ceremony in Kansas City with Phillip's parents (before flying to Seattle to have a ceremony with my family), and since Tree was in Kansas City, she and Jeff came on over. So we were at each other's weddings!

Harrison and I leave on Thursday for a week in Washington with my sister. Her heart surgery seemed to go really well. Of course there is a lot of pain (her description of what they were going to do for the surgery terrified me! Cracking open chests and breaking ribs.....). We will enjoy being there with her and her boys, and I hope I can be a help to her.

 

No comments: