Sunday, September 20, 2020

Salado Creek Greenway and The Kids

 



Jonathan and Phillip took a Basic Handgun Course at a nearby gun range. 
I hear Jon did better than Dad at the shooting range. Good job, Jon! I need to get him on a hunting trip with Aupa.....


I've been slowly making my way down Salado Creek Greenway. I've done maybe a third of it. It's too much to walk in any sort of quick way, so I've ridden Jon's bike and this time I tried skating. 

I have to say that skating outside is v-e-r-y different from a skating rink. 

I fell only twice. I will have bruises on both knees and one hand. 

It was a nice breezy ramble. I went from McAllister Park to Walker Ranch Park ~ 6 or 7 miles round trip. Lots of people out bicycling and walking on this Sunday afternoon. I'm looking forward to conquering Salado Creek!



Liz is selling hand-knitted hats on her Instagram. She is taking orders and has three colors ready to go: black, cream, and the above autumn orange.  See Liz Gore on Facebook or liz_gore_ on Instagram. 

I've always loved that she keeps her hands busy. She knits every spare moment and has made beautiful baby sweaters, cute pairs of socks, and so many lacy sweaters and shawls. Good work, Liz! You were Proverbs 31 from a tiny tot.




I sneaked pictures of all the kids Saturday afternoon. I like to catch them doing something besides being on a screen.

Phoebe is sewing (but don't ask her what; she likes to keep her projects a secret until she knows if they're going to work out or not). 


Harrison is doing the laundry he didn't do the first time I told him to do it. (I swear, I understand why the youngest gets away with so much ~ the older kids have worn us down! But lately I've been thinking, "What will his wife think?" And that has been a big motivation for me to Keep On That Boy.)


Jonathan made a neat helicopter. He doesn't get out the Lego very often anymore. But he makes some pretty cool stuff when he does. And it's fun to see him and H work/play together.


We bought this boy a new coat since his old one is too small. We had an actual "jacket needed" day last week, and that made us go through all the coats to see what still fits. He snuggles in the new coat, knees and all. Jonathan loves to push him over and watch him flail about. 


Drawing contest. 
I think the boys drew guns. Not sure of Phoebe's drawing (see above).


Jonathan puts out the flag every morning. A pretty sight. 

Ozark CC is going back to in-person classes tomorrow. They're gonna see how it works out. I can just see them see-sawing all semester! Shut it down for a week, open back up the next. Ah, to be young and flexible. Liz seems to be rolling with the punches. I can't imagine how the professors and administration are doing.....

I try to stay sane on Facebook and with anyone I talk to. Covid has really riled me up. Or maybe it's the election that's coming. I usually don't pay a ton of attention to political things, but this year is different.

 My rage outlets have been The Lord and customer satisfaction surveys offered on receipts. I get to say whatever I want and no one is going to care or know who said it! It's been therapeutic. The last survey included "muzzled," "harassment," "free-breathing," and "I'm not blaming your store....." Usually the store has been fine, but I get to just let them know what I think of the state of our city in general and store policies in particular. And I might just win a $500 shopping trip! 

No comments: