Sunday, September 13, 2020

Company Over and a Cibolo Creek Nature Outing

I told Phillip, "We need people. Who should we have over?" And he said, "Why not that girl you meet with?" So we invited my Schole´ Sister and her family over for dinner last week.

Schole´ Sister comes from a homeschool podcast (which is quite a good podcast) and is applied to this book group that I've been meeting with for the last couple years. Kelly and I are the only ones in the group right now, but our meet-ups have been sanity-saving during Covid. 

I didn't get any pictures of the family, but we had a great time visiting with them.



I did, however, get pictures of the organic scraps before I put them in the appropriate waste bin. For some reason, I was really loving the bright colors and I took a number of pictures of my fruit and veggie scraps this week. 
Sorry, not sorry. These make me happy.



And then we did an afternoon trip to Cibolo Nature Creek yesterday and put an announcement on the San Antonio Homeschoolers Facebook group. 


And who should show up but Levi and his family!!!! 

He's a youth minister from many moons ago. He's now married with children. And it was awesome to sit and talk and get to know Heather while the kids all played in the creek.

They're homeschooling this year because of Covid, and they. are. killing it. 

I sent Liz a picture because she was the one in that youth group the longest, but Jonathan also was in there for a bit and he had a good time talking with Levi.



A great place to play! 

This was a magnificent Cyprus (?) tree. I couldn't get all the magnitude in one picture.



Liz is doing great, from all that we hear. Looks like the whole campus will be quarantined starting next week. They can come and go to jobs and pick up meals from the cafeteria, but all classes and chapel will be online and they are supposed to stay in the dorm rooms and not be out and about on campus. 

The news from campus is that one whole boys dorm was first totally quarantined "because that's just the way that dorm is," and then I found out the Boatman boy's dorm has an oven and "it isn't fair because women should have the kitchen!" 

I agree, girl. You can't bake without an oven. 



 

No comments: