Sunday, April 12, 2020

Celebrate!

This Easter has been a real day of celebration. 

I feel our family has found its routine after three weeks of Covid Quarantine. Routine is truly cause for celebration. There's something calming and comforting about it.  

Jon is almost done getting his driving hours in. He drove to Krispy Kreme this week, and I was enraptured by these Spring Minis. They are disgustingly sweet, but they were so cute.


The neighbor shared the egg-dying experience with the rest of the kids who were outside playing. I'm not sure Harrison has ever dyed eggs. Have my others ever dyed eggs? It's never been a thing that I felt the need to do. But they sure enjoyed it! So, thank you, Ms. T for letting the kids in on it.


This looked like a William Tell reenactment, only with a shoe on the head and a stuffed soccer ball "arrow." I asked the kids if they were doing William Tell, and they said, "Huh? We call this Man-Ball." The little "man" was hit by the ball quite a few times. 

We did Drive-in Church at Castle Hills again. It was a really good Easter sermon: Silent Saturday, the day when you think nothing is happening and you have lost hope. The day right before the miraculous is going to happen, but you don't know it yet. The day you must trust Someone who is above it all and knows.....

We are grateful our church has kept up services through all the Quarantine stuff. It's not the same. We can't get out of our cars, and you feel like you're singing by yourself. It's sad really. But it's something. I can't wait to gather together again. 


And then we had the most bestest Easter Hour with the neighborhood! 

Some of the moms and I had been talking this week about doing a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. I told them we were planning to do one for everyone, so they gave us their eggs and candy to add to ours. Several neighbors also contributed cascarones. We had over 200 stuffed eggs and probably 200 cascarones. 

While my older kids and neighbor moms hid the eggs, Phillip did the Bible Easter Story using Resurrection Eggs ~ the kind that each have a plastic symbol inside. Like, there was a donkey for Palm Sunday and 3 silver coins for Judas' betrayal. I've always loved these for telling the Easter story. 

And then they were let loose to gather the eggs in their baskets! 
I'm sure they'll be finding eggs in the days to come, but all the Golden Eggs were found. 

Here they are getting the candy out and a neighbor mom is saving the plastic eggs for next year. 

So many cascarones! 
Jonathan had looked for these at Walmart and couldn't find them. Turns out we didn't need to provide any! 

Cascarone fight! 
I got exactly one cracked on my head. One is all you need to have a mess on your hands. 


And so it turned out to be a very celebratory Easter. It was so good to be IN something together with others.  I love my neighbors! 

No comments: