Monday, September 16, 2019

Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet


The Classic Theatre of San Antonio put on another Shakespeare play just so Phoebe could attend one again. :-) She said Romeo and Juliet wasn't her favorite, but it was Shakespeare, so she would go.

It was de-lightful. 
It's just so fun to watch actors, and these guys were pretty good. I'm still amazed at how they memorize that much material. I will say that acting out Shakespeare can be dangerous. A lot is lost when you are only reading the text. I hate it when modern movies take liberties with Shakespeare. I don't know that this set of actors took liberties, but they certainly acted out every - single - line. I never realized how annoying Juliet's nurse was. But I also didn't realize how Bawdy Mercutio was. Sorry, Phoebes. 

But we enjoyed ourselves and will be looking forward to the next one.


A little family outing at In-N-Out Burger. 


On a walk at the nearby Comanche Lookout Hill.


The flu has hit our home. Half of us are down. I have a women's online retreat scheduled to meet at our house this weekend. Let's get over this quick!!



No comments: