Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Texas Summer is HOT



It will be summer for a while still. 
Weather.com is calling for upper 80's toward the end of September.  We consider that fall. We look forward to your slow sauntering steps, Fall. We will wait for hot cider 'til it's time for jackets to come out. Or at least until beads of sweat no longer materialize when we step outside.



Harrison went to a little Animal Experience at the library. I told him he'd probably be the oldest there because all the other kids would be in school, but probably half the crowd was his age or older. Homeschoolers, no doubt. 


He petted everything. 
The snake, the mouse, the turtle dove, the Madagascar cockroach. 
The woman beside me was freaking out the whole time, but her kids were loving it. 


A couple of projects we worked on. 
Jonathan and a neighbor (Miles ~ and he looks exactly like Miles Morales from Spiderman!) took this rope I bought for learning to tie knots and strung it up in our front tree. Then Jon had the idea to make a seat for it. He and Miles planned it all out and put it together with hand tools. It is a neat little project that all the neighbor kids are loving. 

And I and Phoebe made the sign for our yard out of pottery Liz brought home. Liz found broken dishes in the Sam's parking lot. She glued one bowl back together and let me smash up the rest. I had been wanting to do some kind of mosaic project and decided on this one since tree branches cover our house address. The 8 looks really wonky, but I kind of like how it turned out otherwise. Phoebe helped me mix paint color so I could outline the numbers so they could be seen more clearly. 


And a little sneak peak of Liz' senior photos. 
Taken..... where else?..... at the Mill. Gorgeous girl.


No comments: