Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Nana and Aupa


Have I told you how much I love this picturesque water tower? 
It's the best looking little water tower around. Such varied sky views to set it off.


And Charlie the Betta is surviving! 
This is good news.

Playing a game while waiting for tickets.

While Liz and Jon were at CIY (Christian Camp), Phoebe and Harrison and I braved the heat and the lines to get free tickets to The DoSeum, the children's museum in San Antonio. This was our first time and it was a hit. They give out tickets 2 1/2 hours early in order to control the crowd, so we had a couple hours to spend downtown while we waited for opening. We visited an Art store on Broadway ~ a win-win since it had free parking, air-conditioning, and lots to browse. 


Then we went to McDonalds for supper. We bet on how many families would be inside there with DoSeum wristbands. I won. It was above 3.

And since we had 20 minutes more, we stopped at Cheevers bookstore. Phoebe looked at sewing books. Harrison and I browsed. I bought Machiavelli's Prince with loose change I had in my purse.



And we also visited the Planetarium for their Friday night show. Harrison was scared last year (maybe it was the year before, can't remember), but this year he did great! He's been drawing comic strips of astronauts and aliens ever since. 


And the highlight of the past week. Nana and Aupa came to visit! They are heading to Louisiana and spent some time with us. Aupa and Phoebe had to have a Monopoly rematch, but I surprised them all and won, what is likely, my first win of Monopoly ever. 


At Baskin Robbins for ice cream. 
Yes, Liz will knit anywhere. 



Now that Jon is taking violin lessons, we have him play anytime company comes. Especially  grandparent company.


Nana and Aupa enjoying the music. 

No comments: