Sunday, July 7, 2019

It Was on a Monday....


Do you remember that song? 

"It was on a Sunday that the Lord saved me...." 

And everyone would sing through each day of the week and whatever day you were baptized on, you would stand up. Good Sunday school or camp or VBS memories.

Well, Harrison was baptized this past Monday. 


He had been talking about it for some time. 

But he didn't think he was ready yet. 


And then when we were driving to the Japanese Tea Gardens he said, "Mom, I think I'm ready to have that baptism talk now."

So Phillip went through a simple Bible study with Harrison and the rest of the kids (a good refresher course for them). And after that and several conversations, Harrison said he wanted to be baptized. 

He and Jon were both 9 for this decision. The girls were younger: Liz and Phoebe were both 7 (?). I'm putting this down because of my memory. I can't remember the way I used to, and I have hopes that the blog will be a good memory keeper. I also realized I never did blog about Jon and Phoebe's baptism, and that just made me sad. They were baptized the same day at the pool of a friend who was hosting house church. It was January and cold (but not as cold as up north), and they were baptized in the hot tub portion of the pool since the rest of the pool was empty for the winter. 

So, anyway, on Monday we went to Castle Hills Christian Church and asked to use their baptistry. The youth minister and a volunteer who happened to be there stood on the stage with us while we witnessed this burial. They gave H a new Bible and a certificate. It was a pretty special event to happen on a mundane Monday. 


Today he took communion with us. 

Phillip captured the moment.

No comments: