Monday, June 13, 2016

Riverwalk - Starting the Mission Reach

We parked at Steve's Homestead (free spot on a side street ~ it was 8:00 am on a Saturday morning), and started at Johnson St Bridge, just north of E. Guenther St Bridge. 

Jessica went with me. She and her husband are back to town after living away for a few years. 
(Still working on selfies.) 

Cormorants again. 

There were several parks along this section. I want to take the kids back here ~ I think they would enjoy the parks and the River. It was more secluded on this path. There were a lot of bikers and joggers, but there weren't a lot of businesses along this stretch. I'm thinking of biking some of it instead of walking it because it's 7 or 8 more miles (one way) of walking with not a ton to see. 

We were passing right by the Pearl on the way home and so stopped at the Farmer's Market. Excellent  idea! I've never been to this, although I've heard a lot about it. We tried lots of samples and I ended up coming home with Bread and Butter Pickles from this lady.......

...... and garlic bread from this place

And a little music to go with the stroll. 


We ended at ConcepciĆ³n Park. 

No comments: