Friday, April 22, 2011

Devices

Seriously, if I lived alone, I would not own any of these! But my dear patient husband loves what these devices can be used for and teaches me how to use each new one we get. And eventually I catch on and learn to love what I can accomplish with them. But a certain amount of kicking and screaming go along with the learning process.



Our family computer was 6 1/2 years old and slow as molasses. We held out for the next version of the iPad, and after several weeks of frustration, I think I'm getting the hang of it! It's a different device than a computer, but I think I can do just about everything I used to do. Namely: blogging (and reading blogs), Facebook, emails, keeping the family books, making lists,
Research work (googling), school schedules, art and music study, spanish, and a wonderful new way to read books and poetry for school, plus the kids are able to play games and such during computer time.



I used to be proud that I was not tethered to a computer. By that I mean that I could live without one and get by just fine with life. But alas that is no longer the case. I reluctantly defer to the age of the computer.

No comments: