Saturday, October 18, 2008

Neighborhood



Jonathan, Elizabeth, Phoebe and I went to a birthday party in our new neighborhood this morning. The kids got these scary teeth in their goody bags. Right in time for Halloween! Anyway, it was a pajama/breakfast birthday party. The kids got to decorate their own pancakes and I got to visit a little with the moms in the neighborhood. This is a small two-street neighborhood (the roads make an L); so there is hardly any traffic coming down the street. The neighbors have all been living here for the last 10 years and know each other. Very tight. As a matter of fact, the kids all go trick-or-treating together for Halloween. The dads take them in a big group. I'm glad they told me, or we would have been the strange new neighbors knocking on everyone's door by ourselves!

We're known as the tree-house. Because the last guy who lived here built a tree-house for his girls and all the neighbor kids love to play in it. My kids, however, are too scared to go up in it. I'm wondering if they are expecting me to invite their kids over to play in the tree-house even if we don't? I'll have to think on it.

No comments: