Sunday, August 31, 2008

School ~ 1st grade for Liz

The first official day of school was last Monday. The kids all got a school supply at breakfast (colored pencils and a kit for Elizabeth). School seems to take 2.5 hours each day which is more than I thought it would take. But that includes breakfast and getting the kids dressed, etc. And exercise 3x a week. So I guess that makes sense. I'm enjoying it! I have to get myself up earlier than normal, but I am enjoying that time alone to get ready and do some reading and eat breakfast alone. Jonathan and Phoebe play in the play room while we do school unless Phoebe throws a fit. Then she goes in the crib and happily plays alone. Sometimes I think she throws a fit just to get put in the crib. All in all, it was a wonderful start to the school year.

No comments: