Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sincere prayer

Elizabeth was tired and snuggly last night. She's normally not a snuggly person (even when she was a baby). She's been fairly narcissistic lately with a little bit of a rebellious attitude. So when she wanted to come sit on my lap while we prayed before she went to bed, I was happy to oblige. I sat in her little rocking chair and she snuggled up in her robe. She wanted to pray for Anna (a Christian girl in Egypt that we learned about through Kids of Courage magazine who is persecuted by Muslims: teachers will take away CHristians kids' tests before they are finished so that they don't get better grades than the Muslims kids and such); and she wanted to pray for all the poor kids. I prayed that the poor kids would have love from their family even if they didn't have much food or clothing and she said "What if they don't have parents?". So then I prayed that they would have someone to love them and show them God's love. It was very sweet. I've been praying that she will love others more than herself and that she will be compassionate toward others. This will be a dear memory for mother's heart.

No comments: