Saturday, June 16, 2007

Peanut Butter Pinata








The kids are making a peanut butter cookie pinata to be opened (by the swinging of a stick) at 3:00 which is their snack time. I went shopping today at Wal-Mart, so now our shelves are stocked (partly with peanut butter cookies). I've had several complaints these past few days that we are out of food, so I bought lots of food. Two loaves of bread! I usually only buy one, but the last loaf I bought lasted only one day. So I'll try buying two at a time and see how that goes. We are making our way through the Laura Ingalls series starting this week. We got Little House in the Big Woods from the library. I thought it would be too much to read to them and get it done in a timely enough manner to return it to the library on time, but I think with one renewal, we can get through it. It's an easy read and the wording is understandable at least to Elizabeth. I didn't think I would have her read them until she was older, but the Charlotte Mason (she's a leader in the home education movement) websites I'm trying to follow recommend them for ages 5 and 6. I think I read the whole series 7 times growing up~ I loved them then and I still enjoy them now. We have several on-going projects: a butterfly garden growing in pots (we can't plant in the ground because of association rules), beans growing in a plastic cup with wet paper towels, a snail living in a plastic container on an outside deck chair, continual art projects of various inspirations, and anything else that comes across their interest. This summer we're listening to Beethoven music and doing lots of reading~ a little bit of Spanish and math and lots of outdoor time when the weather is not too hot. I'm doing a lot of research on what I want to do for Elizabeth's schooling this fall, since I have to officially register with the local school district and keep a portfolio of school work starting in August. I enjoy the research and will start purchasing books here soon. It's almost time for pinata fun!

No comments: