Thursday, June 21, 2007

Homemade Ice Cream



There is a lot going on this summer! Tuesday we went to the library to watch a juggler. There were probably 50 kids there and Elizabeth and Jonathan sat up front by themselves (Phoebe and I were in the back) and didn't move or disrupt or be loud like a lot of other kids. I was very proud of them. Their favorite part was when the juggler did the chinese yo-yo (he bounces the yo-yo on a string and throws it in the air and keeps it spinning the whole time). Wednesday we had some neighbors over for homemade chocolate chip mint ice cream which the kids made. The mom and I talked homeschooling while the kids played. Jonathan has a hard time when others come to the house and want to play with his toys and be in his chair and help in the kitchen. He sat on the couch for a while and calmed down and then was agreeable. The neighbor kids love to play with Phoebe, so they kept giving her any nuks they found and putting bibs on her. She likes the diversion of new company, I think. Elizabeth likes to show everyone her new projects that she's made. Today we are going to make a project that Elizabeth came up with: she cut up two old shirts and wants me to sew the two halves of each shirt together. So we'll see how it turns out. It's kind of nice to be home today.

1 comment:

Mom-Elayne-Mimi said...

Lanaya, this grandma just loves the new Gore Family News blog. I appreciate you sharing with me the daily activities of the grandkids (and of you and Phillip) and the pictures! I have never made Mint Choc. Chip homemade ice cream...sounds good. I know Uncle John would love that flavor.

Am looking forward to new "GORE NEWS."
Love, Mom-Elayne-Mimi