Monday, November 21, 2022

Thanksgiving is Coming

The next blog post should feature Lanaya Elizabeth's wedding, so I thought I'd get all of the regular stuff posted now before the big day!

It is surprisingly calm right now. I think I like to get stuff done ahead of time so that I won't be nervous right before whatever I'm likely to be nervous about happens. We will have a simple chicken-and-noodles meal for Thanksgiving and then pack up and leave Friday for Bella Vista, Arkansas where the wedding will be. We have several days of wedding doings, and then Jon and Phoebe will do a college visit at Ozark Christian College before we head home. Elizabeth has done so much of the planning; I really haven't had much to do! 

Someone asked us if we thought we'd get emotional. I know I will be when it's over, no doubt. With so many people around and thinking through all the details that need to happen during the ceremony, I'm sure I won't be able to emotionally connect with the moment. But you never know. I might dissolve in a puddle of tears.


Phoebe is working on basket weaving for one of her Home Ec projects for school. The instructions have not been superb, so it's a bit of a struggle. She'll get it though. 




We had one of the families from our Shepherding group over last Sunday. They foster and have adopted so they were a family of 10 that day! It was a joy to have them over. They brought us farm fresh eggs too. Yay!





And that cold front that went through brought us snow! The first snow of the season. 


Harrison is sitting on his.... snowman? I think he just rolled up a ball and sat on it. Jon made a couple of redneck snowmen. Everything melted pretty quickly that day though.


This is where I'm at on Someone's Daughter shawl. Small beginnings. 


This is what it should look like when I'm done!

Christina Sutton Photography

Jonathan went with the youth group to Glow Bowling. Lots of good friends from youth group. He and two others from church are taking a preaching class and are preparing a short sermon to share some Sunday night. I'll have to post that. He's putting a lot of time and study into it.


 

No comments: