Monday, May 16, 2022

Lanaya Elizabeth Graduation

The whole family headed to Joplin this past weekend to watch Lanaya Elizabeth graduate from Ozark Christian College with her Associate's in Christian Ministry.


Taco Bell lunch stop.


The kids hanging out at the hotel. 


Lanaya E and Amos came over to have pizza with us Friday night.


Lanaya opening graduation gifts from family.


Amos also received gifts. He is a youth minister and a studier of God's word. So Phillip got him some theology books and commentaries. From one Theo nerd to another! 


The kids watching patiently all of the graduation proceedings. 

I really appreciated and enjoyed my college graduation and ceremonies. I graduated from a small private school in high school. While I did have a cap and gown, there wasn't the pomp and circumstance that my college graduation had. And I think I enjoy a little bit of that. I was glad for Lanaya to have some of that too, but I'm not sure all of the family appreciate it as much as I do! At any rate, we all experienced it this weekend. With three speeches and over 130 graduates, it was longer than the "it'll just be about an hour" that I had promised Harrison.



Lanaya is the blonde to the right of the brunette. 
They announced the plans for each graduate and the brunette is going to be a stay-at-home mom. She was the only one with that specific announcement (although lots of graduates were announcing weddings), and we applaud that! I remember feeling inferior if I told people I wanted to get married and have kids. But that's exactly what I wanted to do! To raise your children well and make your place a home, to have the heart of your husband trust in you ~ all of the Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 things ~ they are honorable work for a woman.


Receiving her diploma.


Phillip got pictures of the kids while I was talking to my parents on the phone. They had watched the ceremony online since they couldn't be here. My mom's sister passed away last week (Aunt Delores), so they stayed in Louisiana to attend the funeral and be with family during this hard time.



Amos and Lanaya. 
We had a lot of fun spending time with the both of them. They've got wedding plans in the works, and they are both spending time in Joplin for their jobs this summer. Lanaya is working at her church as the manager of their coffee shop and cleaning the building. Amos is working for CIY as a drummer.


Phoebe has been working on a cool thing. 
She made a long braid out of grass and is now sewing it together into something. I can't wait to see what it is. 


Planting corn.


I was little bit disappointed to see that all the fields around us had already been planted when we got back from Joplin. That means we don't get to watch. But we will get to watch it grow. We'll be surrounded by corn this year.

 

No comments: