Monday, April 25, 2022

Easter and Birthday and CCCB and Missionaries and.....

We've had a fulfilling week. 

It was full and it was cheerful.

Christy Franke Photography

We went to Easter breakfast that morning. The elders cook for the church. You can't beat their biscuits and gravy. 

Christy goes around and gets pictures of everyone. This is me with Andrea. She and I have been taking our nice sweet time going through a Bible study on Joseph. We're just about to the end (I think it's an eight week study, and we'll have stretched it into a year!). We chat about life stuff as well as study; it's been a lot of fun to get together.

Christy Franke Photography

The young men of church on Easter morning. 
Jonathan is there in the middle in his suit jacket.


Mimi and Papa and our youth minister Mike came over for Easter lunch. Mimi helped cook and the ham warmed up in the oven all morning, so it really wasn't overmuch to do. 

That evening the Dains came over, and Brittany had made me a birthday cake! Sneaky. 


On my actual birthday we had planned a college visit for Jonathan at our alma mater.


And how awesome that we got to sit in on one more Reese Acts class!


This is supposed to be Mr. Reese's last year teaching, for real. 
I've heard that before, but I think it might actually be true this time. 


The DeVries' were at college and Derik preached for chapel. That's the reason we chose that day for a college visit. We haven't seen them for 10 years or so ~ we saw them at the missionary convention before they left to work in Taiwan. 

We saw other friends at the college; Jonathan enjoyed himself and is looking forward to college life; we got a little bit of catching up with the DeVries'. Jennifer had to take the oldest son to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy, so we only got a hug and hello from her. But I loved hearing about the work in Taiwan and talking a bit with Derik and his other kids. They're a hoot.


Mimi had us over for Sunday lunch for my birthday. I'm always glad she has digits for our birthday candles, because I can never remember what year I am! I remember the big ones like 40 or 45, but the in-between ones get all jumbled.


Phoebe just finished up a black skirt. It has pleats in the back but is smooth up front. We need to find a good shirt to go with it, but it is really well made. She used the sewing machine some, but she likes to hand sew a lot too. She feels better about it if she can hand sew; maybe it helps her feel in control. 😀


The homemade tag for the inside back.
Beautiful work, Phoebe!


Detail from Phoebe's sewing desk.


Phillip reading to me about Galileo and how a lot of falsities concerning him have been passing around the history books. 
This is what we do for fun.


Could there be a more beautiful picture of our home place at sunset? 

Harrison and I stopped the truck on the gravel road so I could snap this. 
It'll be a hard one to beat.

 

No comments: