Sunday, March 14, 2021

Saying Goodbye

We are saying goodbye to everyone and everything slowly but surely. 

Phoebe spent last Sunday afternoon at the MacNay art museum. She got to take as much time as she wanted since she didn't have others there to bug her about "leaving already."

I finished up my skate down Salado Creek Greenway! That was a tiring one. I don't know why it was so hard; I believe I had a longer skate doing the North end. This end was 10 miles (5 there and back). It was fun when I got to Lion's Park; as I was checking out the map to make sure I was truly at the end of the trail, another couple was checking out the map to start down the trail on their bikes. What fun! Good luck, guys!


Sunbathing turtles in Salado Creek.

At drive-in church service.

I have dearly appreciated the family time of communion we've been able to have together in the van.

Phillip preached a great sermon today!
They are going through the book of Lamentations. He preached on chapter 3: God's Faithfulness. You can find the pre-recorded sermon at this link starting at the 10:45 mark: https://chccsa.info/online-church.



I said goodbye to Schole Group and Kelly. I met her right as my last Schole group was disbanding because of moves and things. So she and I kept meeting together to talk about books and education. Then Covid sprung up, but we kept meeting every other week. Now our Covid friendship is coming to an end right as Covid is closing down. I shouldn't say our friendship is coming to an end. We'll meet up again. 

If you know anything about classical education, you know how special it is that she got me Norms and Nobility as a going-away gift. I had told her before that I would like to read it, but probably wouldn't spend the money on the book. So she went and got one for me! 

Playing Spoons and Hearts.


Liz is making plans to stay in Joplin over the summer. She has a job lined up and a roommate to stay with. This is a painting she got permission to put up in "Artist's Alley" in Joplin. We'll have to check it out when we visit her.



 

No comments: