Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas Celebrating

 


The girls and I went to La Cantera to window shop.  It's a fancy outdoor shopping area. The Christmas lights there were beautiful. We stepped into an art gallery to see what the area had to offer in the way of art. There were some pretty pieces in there. Even a couple of modern-art types that I would have taken home had I been in the market. 

Fun time with my girls.
 



I thought there'd be more to the Riverwalk lights. There was not. But we got some walking in and got Slushies for the trip home. It ended up being a warm night.


Phoebe got this from the White Elephant gift exchange at the youth group Christmas party. 

They are so glad to be having youth group! They have recently realized that Harrison will be old enough to be in youth group next year and there are shocked faces all around. 

Phoebe's deadpan sarcastic exultation in her mini Lite Brite: "This is thrilling."


Gore Brothers, Inc. 


Jonathan teaching these kids how to play Mafia. 


Jonathan and Phoebe were a big help with a little Christmas party we had yesterday. 

I mostly wanted to tell the Nativity Story to the neighbor kids, but we threw in games and snacks too. They are making dipped pretzels above.


Nativity Story with my favorite porcelain Nativity set. 
They each had a piece that they used to participate in the story. They were calm and listened well. They got plenty rowdy later, but I had prayed for a calm story time.


This was surprising hit too! 
I found this set of 15 miniature bird puzzles at Hobby Lobby. Each kid had a bird to put together. And they all loved it! I thought for sure they'd poo-poo the idea and throw the pieces at each other. 

We are off of school this week and enjoying our time together. All the kids are home, there are no relationship troubles, no health problems, we have plenty of books to read. It's good.

No comments: