Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Awesome Autumn Weather


This is the best, Texas! Keep it coming! We have cool mornings and evenings, but it warms up to about 80 during the day. Perfect. We have lovely leaves falling, today we had a cloudy day which makes it feel more cozy. I'm loving it.

Liz' 10-year-old depiction of us.

I found this drawing of Elizabeth's in a school box I was going through. She kind of nailed it. I believe I have curlers in my hair and am brushing my teeth. Jon has a Lego piece in his hand.

Harrison as Wounded Man.

We studied Gustave Courbet as our artist this past term. The kids chose The Wounded Man as the painting to recreate. Phoebe was in charge of wardrobe. Jonathan was the tree. 

The Wounded Man by Gustave Courbet


Party time!

One of the boys in the neighborhood had a birthday party and they had a bounce house up for 6 or 7 hours. And all the kids were in there for about ...... 6 or 7 hours! They had a blast.


I skated another long section of Salado Creek Greenway on Saturday. It was longer than I expected. I think I skated 14 miles. But I wanted to finish off the northern part of the trail, so I kept going until I got to the end. Now I can work my way from McAllister Park on down. 




There are people scaling those cliffs! 
I didn't expect to see this in the city. But apparently you can reach it by Trail. 


I saw a coyote cross my trail, and here, I barely caught a buck crossing the trail. I saw a lot of deer on this stretch. 


I had to get a picture of some leaves in the neighborhood. 
I love the smell of slightly damp leaves. I love the sound of them falling. The sound of them dry and rustling on the tree limbs. Autumn makes me happy. Enjoy it!



 

No comments: