Saturday, May 2, 2020

Masks, Outdoor Walks, and Corona Cuts



Despicable masks. 
I can actually breathe with this scarf. But you can't see smiles. There are no smiles now. Not in the grocery store anyway. 

I tried another of the customary masks when I shopped yesterday morning, and I just about had a hyperventilating breakdown. So I pulled it down unless I was near people. And Walmart wasn't requiring them last night. I only put a mask on if store personnel ask me to put it on. Don't worry, no one is within 6 feet of anyone else.

There are smiles at Comanche Lookout Hill. 
There are so many people there now! And most of them mask free. I found these bunnies one afternoon. I really love that people have found this hiking spot that is so close to our neighborhood. I appreciate nature being available in the midst of the city. 

Neighbor kids use Phillip's truck as a clubhouse when he's using our garage as his office. 

And we have our first Corona cut! 

Dad only knows how to use the clippers, so a buzz cut it was. 
Mom tried cutting hair when Liz was a baby and it was not good. No one wants me to try that again.

He's got cowlicks, so we have some sticky-outty pieces, but it really doesn't look bad. 

The youth minister from church stopped by our house and dropped off a gift box. This was what was left right after we opened it. It was a big hit! And really great to talk to someone.

Phillip and I found a restaurant that opened for dine-in service today, so we had wonderful evening out on the town. It was a pretty hopping place too; mostly with take-out orders, but there were a few of us sitting in to eat. 

In other news, three more weeks until school is over. All summer activities are being cancelled or moved till late summer, so I guess we'll do lots of spring cleaning in June. 

No comments: