Saturday, November 2, 2019

Harvestween




Our church had a Harvest Party, and we had trick or treating in the neighborhood for Halloween. It was a cold one! The last two Oct 31sts have been rainy. This one was clear, but cold. The boys came up with the perfect costume for the weather (fighter pilots). All those poor little girls walking around in thin princess dresses though..... 


Phoebe and I were at the bouncy house/slide for the church's Harvest Party. The church had a ton of activities to do! Phoebe was inside there the whole time helping kids get up the slide and making them behave. 


Harrison and neighbor doing the basketball activity that Jon was in charge of. That banana costume has sure been put to use. He was going to be a banana for trick or treating too, but Jon came up with his cool plan. 


Jon took Harrison trick or treating, so this was the first year I didn't Have to go. The little neighbor girl wanted me to go along, so I went down one street with her, but then I headed home and Jon did the rest with H. 

I took our mini Pringles and the next-door neighbor's chocolates (she asked us to hand it out for her) and went to the main street to hand out our treats. Not many come down our cul-de-sac because most of the homes don't hand out candy, and the kids get discouraged and leave before they make it to our door. After a while I left that street and went to an even busier one (the next-door neighbor had a lot of chocolates!), and then another neighbor invited me to sit with them in their garage, so I finished there and got to know a neighbor that I regularly walk by when I exercise. 

Phoebe has had a cold. She watched a movie and handed out treats until I came to take over. 


Liz hung out with friends in New Braunfels. The cutest scarecrow ever!






No comments: