Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Church and Friends

We saw lots of old friends at church on Sunday ~ all grown up with kids of their own.


The Perrodins had us over for lunch. Mrs. Kristine made gumbo just for me! Along with pork loin, rice and gravy, corn, salad, garlic bread, purple hull peas, potato salad, and Nettie had made a delicious banana pudding. My parents had bought some boudin' for me already; so I definitely got my Cajun food fix.


True to fashion, the men ate first. Actually, we served the kids first, then the men, then we women got to eat. :-). I know some friends who would just love to share some words about this! I'm not offended by it in the least.



Look at them working hard in the kitchen!



The best part of the day was getting to hear my childhood best friend sing at church that night. Wow, she and Torrey sound good together! There are usually more people in their band (kind of a blue grass feel, she tells me); but I was glad to hear her. I hadn't heard her sing since we were probably ten years old.



Harrison was worn out! He didn't want to get off Aupa's lap once we finally got to Momo's house where we were staying.

No comments: