Saturday, February 19, 2011

Harrison is Growing Up


My baby is perhaps settling into life finally. I'm not sure if I don't remember what babies were like, lost the touch, or if Harrison is just different from the others, but I'm having a hard time figuring this boy out! Well, I was. He was very hungry from the get-go. His doctor said I could give him solids early as long as I was careful. He took solids eagerly, but he also was constipated for about 2 months. Even with me feeding him mostly prunes, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. Just in the past couple weeks, he is eating a variety of foods and is not crying when he fills his diaper. He still won't take a bottle. Even when I put juice in it. I've noticed he's not spitting up as much in the past few weeks. He has 5 teeth. When he teethes, he gets quite sick: Awful runny nose, cough, fever, won't sleep through the night. I think this last one finally broke through and he slept until 5:30 this morning. Yay! Here's hoping that continues. He is on an eating/sleeping schedule that works for him now. He wouldn't take to any one that I figured out for him. He had to figure out his own! But he has been waking up from naps gurgling and cooing instead of screaming. Maybe he's just at a weight that helps him not be hungry all the time, I don't know. Anyway, he definitely has not been following all the steps that a baby "should follow" like I remember the others doing (perhaps I'm remembering through rose-colored glasses?). But I'm hoping we are finally on a track that is normal for him, so I don't have that nagging stress all the time. You'd think by the the fourth one I wouldn't be thinking, "Is this normal? Is there something wrong with him? Should I see a doctor?":-)

No comments: