Saturday, April 18, 2009

Phoebe is 3

Our baby is three years old. She seems so much older! We celebrated her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese last night. She was so excited when we made her cake together. She wanted a princess/Dora cake, so we figured something out. I think she equates the cake with the whole concept of birthday. Because she said last night, "Thank you for making my birthday, Mom." And every time she sees the cake she says, "Oh, it's my birthday!".

The kids had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese. We were having the machine count our tickets, and a man walked up and asked how many kids I had. I told him three (they were there with me). He gave each of them a receipt that each had around 300 tickets on it! So the kids got to buy much bigger gifts than they would have with our meager receipt of tickets.





Phoebe loved the strawberry cake! She ate her piece and then wanted another one. So while she ate, the kids unwrapped her gifts.


4 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

What a wonderful birthday. The cake looks yummy. I love homemade cakes, they are made with love and taste the best too. Many blessings.

Mom-Elayne-Mimi said...

It is almost impossible to believe that Phoebe is 3!!! You did a great job on her cake....no easy task trying to incorporate Dora and Princess. Looks like the Chuckie Cheese party was fun. Wish we could have been there. Love, Mimi

Amy said...

Cute cake!
Can't believe she's 3. Last I saw her she was in her car seat with her pacifier!
I hate Chuckie Cheese, you're brave! :)

Blessed Mommy said...

Hi. Thank you for your comments on my blog. The Homeschool Conference we are going to is April 29th- May 1st in Atlanta. It is a Christian conference. Isn't there some coming up in Florida? Maybe in Orlando or Jacksonville? Have you been? We have thought about those because they are closer, especially Jacksonville. We just don't know much about them. Any info you can share? Many Blessings.