Saturday, May 24, 2008

News

Let's see... What's been going on. Phoebe had another doctor visit last Monday. She had a puffy eye with some purple underneath. I thought maybe it was allergies and almost didn't do anything. She had a bacterial infection (could have been strep or staph); if it had gone into the orbital (part of the eye), it could easily get to the brain. So, I was glad I took her! THey gave her a shot which seemed to clear it up almost right away. And she's on medicine for 10 days.

Elizabeth had her portfolio exam for school. It was a public school teacher who did the exam. She asked her some questions and looked over the work she had done. She asked her, "If you could count as high as you can, what number would that be?" Elizabeth said she's counted to 219 but could probably count higher. The teacher said very sweetly, "Well, do you think you could count to 20 for me?" I don't think she believed the 219 number. :-) The only suggestion the teacher had was that we do a formal phonics program. Elizabeth is reading fine, but it would be good for her to have that base of phonics knowledge, so I ordered a book on that this week.

Phoebe woke up the other day and was crying to let me know. I went into the bedroom and she had her head leaning in her hand with her elbow propped up on the top of her crib like a Charlie Brown character. She said, "I'm crying." "Oh," I said, "Are you sad?" "Yea, I sad." She just cracks me up sometimes.

Jonathan is just going crazy. He runs and jumps and just needs to get his energy out. He's been painting 'Bibles' lately. He write squiggly lines on his sheet of paper and then wants me to use it for my Bible.

No comments: