Thursday, November 11, 2021

Harvest Partying

Harvest Parties and Revivals and Bon Fires. 
True fall activities that, along with the sometimes chilly winds and sometimes warm afternoons, plant you right in the middle of Distinctly Autumn.


Christy F. Photography

Christy F. Photography

Our church had their Revival this past week. I was trying to remember back to when I was last at a revival.... I'm pretty sure it was when I had just graduated high school — my mom and I were visiting Louisiana, and we heard George Faull preach the revival there. I remember three of his sermons: one was on Moses living on the backside of the desert, another on the Tabernacle and how it's a pattern of heaven, and another on David's Mighty Men. George knew how to paint a memorable picture. He also told me that week about a Bible college option that I had never heard of......

I was very glad for our kids to attend a revival. Maybe it's a lot of comfort and tradition for me, but I have such fond memories of late nights and church dinners and running around with other church kids after revivals (and evening church services and Singspirations). The preaching is often powerful, and I always enjoying singing. We were thankful for the ministry of Rock Solid Ministries who did our revival ~ It was a great week!



The boys were cowboys for Halloween. They were at the Vandalia Historical Society at this point. I think they just took some pictures there and then went out on the town trick-or-treating. It was kind of strange not to be very involved this year. In San Antonio I always went with someone, my kids or the neighbor kids or someone. But Jonathan and his friend Quinter took their little brothers around town on their own this year. Sniffle. But only a little sniffle. I won't miss it too awful much. 


Meredith J. Photography

This is Silas, Harrison's friend and the other little brother that was taken trick-or-treating by the big brothers.

Meredith J. Photography

Then the kids all hung out at Quinter and Silas' house around a bonfire. I didn't get to see this ~ the mom sent me a picture ~ but I really love all the good homes that open up to our kids here in town. 

We had our own bonfire a few nights ago. We had saved up quite a few boxes and branches, and Jonathan set up a good fire and hot dog roast with s'mores and youth group friends. Gabry brought hot apple cider (so yummy for a cold night!). Phillip and I went to bed at our usual time, and all the youths stayed up past midnight on the front lawn! 


Christy F photography

I was in charge of this monstrous jumpy slide for an hour at the church Harvest party. Then all the adults who were so inclined took a turn going down before they deflated it at the end. 


Harrison got plenty of turns. I was so surprised that not one kid turned around. I would have come back down those stairs myself if everyone hadn't been staring. It really wasn't scary once you went down, but it sure looked high when you were at the top.



I can't resist..... another sunrise.


Let's see, porch update: Phillip pulled the ceiling down and cleaned up all the hay and dirt that came down with it. Paul and Jamie helped pull nails and such. Shambach fixed our broken electrical problems this week. Next Phillip power washes the walls and shutters. Looking good!

 

No comments: