Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Galen and John Visit

Phillip's siblings travelled back home, so we got to spend some time with them this weekend. 


Our wildflowers behind the house have been blooming well. They look better close up than far away though. There's a lot of green, so it can look weedy from far away. We do have several sunflowers coming into bloom, so I'll try to get a picture of those soon. 

The kittens have been playing "Jungle Attack" in the flower bed, so there are a lot of flattened spots now. But they're cute, so we'll allow it.


I'm trying to give my new pile of school books as low a profile as I can so Phillip won't notice how many I've purchased. The number of books did sneak up on me..... But we are truly going to read them all.


We have a misty fog over the fields many mornings.


Galen flew up from Florida, and we were so happy to have her over to see the house she grew up in. I love to hear them tell stories about living here.




We haven't been around for Mimi's birthday in many, many years. We were glad to be able to celebrate with you, Mimi!


John, Galen, and Phillip, with Mimi and Papa.


Jonathan got to shoot Uncle John's gun this time.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jon is shooting my way, left handed. Way to go there Jon!

Unknown said...

Lots of wonderful memories for me with Gore Family and their house.
We lived in that house for 4 yrs!
So glad you are able to be living close to them now.