Sunday, January 3, 2021

Last Week of Winter Break

The kids wanted to go ice skating. And Jonathan can drive. So I didn't have to go!!! This is an amazing time in my life. 






We visited the museum on the free night so the kids could draw Greek artifacts in their Book of Centuries. I let them go off on their own. By the time I went to find them, they were all hanging out in the lobby. NOT looking at art. 

We were excited to find some John Singer Sargent paintings. He's our artist for Artist Study this term. 


New Year's Eve was games and Jon's friend over. 

The kids did fireworks and drank sparkling grape juice and played computer games; and everyone, including Midget Pants (Jon's name for our Harrison; as opposed to Jon's friend who was here who is also named Harrison) stayed up until midnight. The fireworks in the city woke me up, and they were absolutely beautiful. I feel like there were a lot more fireworks this year.





Saturday was a beautiful day to complete the middle part of Salado Creek Greenway. I fell once. No bruises, so that's a win. 

I have one last section to skate and it will probably take a couple of afternoons. Which I don't mind. I enjoy having that little something to conquer when I feel the need to conquer something. 


Off the trail this girl was being filmed/photographed while dancing. 
There was quite the little crowd that stopped to watch her. Very fun.


This was ominous. 
It went downhill; I couldn't see around the bend; the wall was too high for me to hang onto while I inch my way forward. So I ended up taking off one skate and skate-hopping it down there. It's a good thing I did. I would definitely have had bruises.

We start school tomorrow!
 

No comments: