Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christmas Doings


If you live near San Antonio, University of the Incarnate Word is gorgeous at night around Christmas time! Liz was there taking dance classes with a friend, and we needed to pick her up early. This was my first time on campus, and I really loved all the lights in the trees. It would be a neat place to walk around and just enjoy. There was a large chapel there also with beautiful stained glass windows. We didn't try to go in, but I would love to see the inside sometime. 


And then we three girls got to have a night out downtown at The Nutcracker Ballet.

This was a special treat. I took Elizabeth when she was 5 or 6, but we had not gone back since then. I feel like my girls should see a ballet at least once. Just for the experience. I'm also considering that maybe we should all go see an opera at least once too..... 


This looks like such a homeless picture! 
But we were really in this beautiful building, and they are sitting against a marble pillar, and there were dressed up people milling about everywhere. But it was definitely a mixed bag in the dressed-up department. Some were super fancy: long evening gowns and suits. And some were just in jeans and t-shirts. The little girls were super cute in their gorgeous dresses. 


Waiting for it to begin.


The only picture I took of the production. 
Phoebe enjoyed the first half where there was more of a story line. Liz and I love the Russian dance from the second half. 


Some of the cast out in the lobby as we left. 


And we had Star Wars Day yesterday! 
We took this picture after the movie was over. I have to say I enjoyed The Rise of Skywalker much more than I thought I would given all the reviews we'd been listening to before we saw it. It was a great story! Very Star Wars-y. The characters had a great time together, you can tell. 

Christmas has been very enjoyable. We finished school on Friday. We'll take two weeks off. We're prepping for Christmas snacks and meals, for family to be here soon. We have a new oven from the owner of our duplex. I think he got one for the neighbor too; I think he just wanted to give us a Christmas gift! He's so great. We have a working van which is running great. The kids are all moving along in their "adulting" ~ Liz visiting colleges, Jon getting driver's license, Phoebe doing great with her art. Thank you, Lord, for all these good things. We look forward to Christmas next week!





No comments: