Saturday, April 20, 2019

Spring in San Antonio is Summer Everywhere Else

It's been so gorgeous lately. I could do without all the bugs that are showing up (curse the non-freezing winter that doesn't kill the bugs!). The cool winds, the wild flowers, the walks in the sunshine. I'm loving it.

A citrus farmer from down in the Valley blesses us with citrus whenever Mimi and Papa come to San Antonio. Lots of fresh squeezed orange juice and sliced oranges come from this. I also decided to try some dried orange peel and dried citrus slices this time around. The dried citrus is sweet and chewy ~ almost like natural candy. Very yummy.



Harrison accompanied me to the Library park and a walk up the hill. This is us taking the path less traveled. Or the path we'd never taken before anyway. 


We have so many evening primroses in our backyard this year! They only open in the evening, and one day while I was walking back there, I thought I spied a hummingbird buzzing around. It turned out to be a large moth - the banded sphinx moth to be exact. I was so excited for our yard to be graced with such an exotic insect. 


No comments: