Saturday, October 21, 2017

Pumpkin Fun


I hadn't even considered pumpkins this year. 

Jonathan piped up one day and said, "When are we going to get our pumpkins?" 

Me: "Oh, are we getting pumpkins this year?"


And so we went to get pumpkins.

Jonathan farmed out his pumpkin-innard-scooping to some neighbor kids. They all seemed to love squishing the stuff with their fingers. I've heard there's actually a connection between squishing things (mud and such) and catching on to math. I'll have to check on where I heard that.... If it's true, then pumpkin carving is a great activity for the kids!

Harrison's pumpkin sports a mustache and some cat ears. And one gangly tooth.

JS is for Jon Solo ~ Jonathan's username for one of the games he play and also his logo for his YouTube channel. 

Phoebe's is dark because she is not yet finished. But I believe she's put a Star Wars symbol on there so far. The mums were a gift from Ms. Monica. She bought me two pots of mums and I love them. 

Roasted pumpkin seeds. 
These are plain salted and then we made some sweet and spicy ones also.

I just love these things all together. Very autumnal. 
My coffee mug and Elizabeth's yarn bowl that Aupa made her and a burnt orange yarn that she's making into a glove, I believe. 



No comments: