Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Elizabeth got together with Dad to conspire about my Mother's Day gifts. When I left for my usual Saturday morning shopping, Phillip loaded the kids into the van, and they headed to Publix to choose gifts. Harrison chose a balloon (which he won't give up ~ but it makes me happy to see him play with it, so it totally works as a Mother's Day gift). Phoebe chose a box of chocolates (I had had her read the big word on the front a few days before while waiting in line for a prescription). Jonathan picked out a card that was "the perfect card ~ cause it's like a book". He wanted me to read it out loud, but was also embarrassed when I did. Inside he had drawn a picture of him hugging me. Another thing he finds embarrassing. And Elizabeth picked out the roses (pink because the red ones were not very healthy looking). She paid for them herself. Which is no small sacrifice since she's been saving every cent she gets and won't spend her money for anything if she can help it.

2 comments:

Mom-Elayne-Mimi said...

Sounds like wonderful Mother's Day gifts for a very deserving mother! I think your husband and kids love you. :) :)

Lanaya said...

They treat me like a queen!