Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Vintage Cookware

Paul and Elayne are moving to a smaller home in town, and so we are some of the blessed recipients of some beautiful kitchenware.



We're not sure what to call this ~ maybe a dinner carry-all. It's made of aluminum and it belonged to Elayne's great aunts. Phoebe was thrilled to be able to keep this to use someday. It would be from Phoebe's great-great-great aunts?


I had requested a Dutch Oven for my birthday and Elayne did me one better and gave me hers! She had a note taped to the bottom of it:

"Dutch oven - Belonged to Grandma Ferguson
Given to her by her mom = 
Great Grandmother Green. 
She also gave one to Lena and Iva and one to Della.
Grandma Ferguson (Matilda) gave it to my
mother who cooked wonderful roast beef in it when I, Elayne, was a child at home. 
Mom gave it to me around 1999-2000."

I believe Elayne said that Grandmother Green had been a Branstetter.


Elayne also gave us this cast iron skillet. 
I've been using it every morning for bacon and eggs and it is so much better than my other skillet! 


Elayne, Aunt Pat, Aunt Anita, Uncle Earl. 
They came over for supper and we had beef roast cooked in the Dutch Oven. 
Splendid all around.

 

No comments: