It's so close to fall, ya'll!
I got some pears from Uncle Lee's tree. I've been told we're welcome to them anytime, and I finally made it this year right in time for the perfect ripeness. They are so good! I've frozen several batches for desserts to come.
The sound of wind rustling in dry cornstalks rivals the rhythmic cadence of ocean waves.
If allergies weren't so bad, we'd sleep with the windows open.
They've begun shelling corn next to us!
One of the many weddings of Lanaya Elizabeth this year.
Jonathan arrived soon after our trip to Louisiana. Then my parents came up to be here for his ordination. They shot his AR-15 and obliterated some bricks and cardboard.
Sitting around visiting.
Mom and Dad were here for the Midwest Ministry Training Banquet, which was really well attended and always exciting to be a part of.
Phoebe conned Jonathan into teaching her country swing dance.
The three yahoos playing cards.
And then Sunday was the big day ~ Ordination Day for Jon.
He asked Jim Book to preach the service, and Jim gave a really inspiring, personal sermon. We've met Jim before when we would visit Jonathan in Florida, but it was great to visit with him and get to know him a little better.
Phillip and David prayed over Jonathan.
Jon also received a scholarship to purchase Preacher Clothes. 😄 That's a blessing for young men going into the ministry.
And we asked a super talented lady at church to make a pulpit cake for the dessert table. It is shaped like our church pulpit, which I love, and she made some extra cupcakes with flowers. We almost always have flowers to match the season in front of our pulpit, and she had such a cool little clay vase to hold the flowers which almost exactly matched what we had up front that morning!
"Congratulations Jonathan Gore.
Ordained August 23, 2026.
First Christian Church,
Vandalia, MO."
Christy generously took lots of pictures of us.
This is one of the eye-catching things in our foyer. I've noticed it ever since I first visited FCC when I was in college. It's a cabinet full of pictures of men from First Christian Church, Vandalia who have become ministers, called "The Hall of Timothies."
And now Jonathan's picture sits besides Phillip's.
The progression of a Gore sibling goodbye hug.
Phoebe left Sunday afternoon to head back to her apartment in Linn, and Jonathan left that Monday morning early to head to his first ministry in Rich Hill, MO. Which seems like such a neat church ~ they had Friend Day last Sunday, and they had 160 in attendance!
That afternoon my parents and Harrison and I took a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi.
Then Mom and Dad headed out to visit a friend (Mrs. Faye) in Indiana and attend a nephew's wedding. I love that they could come for Jonathan's big day.
We've not had a lot of rain lately, so this little shower was a treat.
That sky is amazing.
Septic replacement.
Thank God for men who have the equipment and know-how to do these jobs that are super important to our daily lives! This house has been needing this.
Harrison went with the church group to volunteer at the food bank in Columbia. And he brought back these gorgeous pink tiger lilies that they gave away.
Daelynn (young lady in red who is a high schooler) shadowed me in Sunday School for a month and this picture was from her last Sunday. She was a huge help! And hopefully she learned a little bit about teaching Sunday School. I think she'd make a great teacher one day.
Happy Sunflowers on my walk down the gravel roads.
And more of that rustlling corn that calms the senses.
Our marigolds were leggy and leafy but didn't have any buds until I googled and found out they were too much in the shade. Now they get more sunshine and are blooming.
Preacher Boys has started up again.
Harrison is preaching this Sunday at the Presbyterian church in Farber.
Good luck, this year, boys!
Two of my Sunday School kids are in there this year ~ I love seeing that.
Dad went alligator hunting again. He loves it.
A sunrise last week.
And Lanaya Elizabeth came to visit us on a last minute lark!
She spent time with Mimi and Papa and then we went to Hermann, MO to visit all the little shops and eat at Wurst Haus. We were all a little sweaty by the end of that day, it's been so hot.
Girls in silly glasses.
It was a joy to spend time with Liz and have her home for a bit. She and Amos are doing well youth-ministering up in Idaho.
Phoebe loves frogs.
And this is too adorable to me! Those things are so cute and derpy.
The moon behind a cloud seen from the front porch.





































No comments:
Post a Comment