Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010





I wasn't thinking about pictures, but thankfully Elizabeth was. She took these. At least we know half the family was present!

On this day, I was thankful for talking to family, walking outside into warm sunshine while talking to family who were driving on ice and snow, plenty of food, Christmas music on the radio, separating Legos with my son (each color in its own Ziplock bag!), my husband who read a Psalm and a chapter about the 1st Thanksgiving from Limbaugh's book and gave our kids a wonderful Thanksgiving lesson, a relaxing day of staying home, freedom to worship and read the Bible. In history, Elizabeth has been reading about those who were killed for trying to translate the Bible into English. Can you imagine not having the Bible in your own language to read? Having to rely on someone else to tell you what it says, yet wondering if they are telling the truth? I can count probably 10 Bibles we have in our home right now. Not including kids Bible story books. That is richness right there. And I am thankful to God for it.

No comments: